Monday, March 11, 2024

Letter To The Editor at THE FEDERALIST

Dear Editor,


Having just read the essay, Congress Must Hold Firm Against TikTok’s Legion Of Lobbyists And Cut Off Chinese Espionage, by Nathan Leamer, I have to wonder if there isn't a hidden agenda being pushed by Mr. Leamer and/or The Federalist. Though Mr. Leamer accuses the Chinese government of using TikTok for espionage, not once does he give any explanation for how this is done, in what manner it adversely affects the US government, or how the typical American user of TikTok might be influenced or harmed. Not once. (Really shoddy work from whichever editor greenlit the essay.) As an infrequent TikTok user who posts short video clips of my German Shepherd Gracie, I'd like to know how I, or my country, is being endangered.

From his short bio, I learned that Mr. Leamer is the Executive Director of a two-person organization, it seems, called Digital First Project, that offers zero information on where it gets its funding, or what corporations/government agencies it is affiliated with. Given the paucity of argument in the essay, I'm not sure why The Federalist would think Mr. Leamer is even qualified to give his opinion on why TikTok should be banned in the US.

I'm open-minded as to why TikTok is a national threat, but this essay doesn't offer a single reason. 

I expect more from something I read in The Federalist.

Sincerely,

Alfred C. Martino
Jersey City, NJ 07302
www.AlfredMartino.com

#thefederalist #tiktok #nathanleamer

No comments: